What is the fastest AMD processor?
How do we choose the fastest AMD processor? What are the factors associated with best AMD processor? In fact, processor technology is changing every year. A processor that hits the top mark today will be replaced tomorrow by new and improved CPU.
When we come to AMD, they introduced high-end CPUs which even outrank some of Intel processors. If you want a system with AMD processor, there are a few points you should be aware of. This article is meant to discuss these points.
AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) is one of the largest micro processor designer and manufacturer in the world. It actually is competing Intel (NO#1 in microprocessor industry) both in the low and high-end processor market. So far AMD released several types of processors which differs in the features and technology they incorporate.
Unfortunately, AMD mobile processors are not successful enough when comparing to Intel mobile processors. However, AMD released efficient and low power consumption desktop CPUs.
List of AMD processors family
AMD introduced the following major types of desktop and laptop processors. Some of the processor types are in the high end group where as the others target low market. Among AMD processors, Phenom II processor family which is built initially on AMD K10 micro architecture is the fastest AMD processor comparing to the previous versions.
• AMD Phenom II Processors
• AMD Phenom Processors
• AMD Athlon II Processors
• AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core Processors
• AMD Athlon Processor
• AMD Sempron Processor
The Phenom processor was introduced in 2007. Since then, AMD released improved versions which compete with the high-end Intel CPUs. The Phenom II processor family incorporates new features and technologies. Most of recent AMD fastest processors are based on the Phenom II processor technology.
General Phenom II processor specification
- 1.6GHz to 2GHz clock speed
- Made on 65nm technology, recent versions made on 45nm technology
- Incorporates 1 to 6 cores in a single CPU chip
- Known for lower power consumption and high performance
- L3 cache support
- 2GHz HyperTransport system bus speed
- Virtualization technology
- Power saving technology
- Streaming SIMD instructions
- Execute disable bit
Which one is the fastest AMD processor?
Quoting the manufacturer site, AMD Phenom II X6 six-core processor is the fastest desktop CPU. These processor family is built on VISION Black technology. Read more about AMD processors here.
The features and technologies of these processors include:-
- 4MB or 6MB shared L3 cache
- AMD Turbo CORE technology
- Each core has 512KB L2 cache
- Hyper Transport technology
- Integrated Memory controller which enables the processor to access information quickly from the memory that increases CPU performance further.
- AMD CoolCore technology which enables to turn off unused processor core.
- Dual Dynamic power technology which enables to manage and reduce processor power consumption.
Benefits of AMD Phenom II processors
- Ideal for multi-tasking and multi-threading applications
- For multimedia applications
- For gaming and HD entertainment
- With advanced features, we will find AMD processors at a lower price when we compare with Intel competing processors.
The best place to learn about the fastest AMD processor is to visit the manufacturer site: www.amd.com, this is for the reason that different site gives unreliable information about AMD CPUs.
In addition to the parent site, there are other sites which give you the benchmark of different processors; these include Tomhardware.com and BAPCO SYSmark (www.bapco.com).
Return back from fastest AMD processor to computer processor
Return back from fastest AMD processor to computer parts