Free clone hard disk software
This is the second page of clone hard disk software continued from list of hard drive clone software.
Clonezilla is free and open source software for Disk cloning and Imaging. It comes in two forms: Clonezilla live and Clonezilla Server Edition, the live version is for single machine backup and restore whereas the server edition used to clone multiple computers at the same time.
Compatibility: All windows OS and MAC OS. Both 32bit and 64bit are supported
Supported File Systems: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, ext2/3/4, reiserfs, reiser4 and many more, for unsupported files systems it provides sector-by-sector copy using dd in Clonezilla.
Features of Clonezilla clone hard disk software:
- Clones only used blocks in the hard disk
- Unattended PC clone is supported
- One image can be restored to multiple computers (Multicasting)
- Can clone to USB, CD/DVD or network share
- The image can be saved on local disk, ssh server, NFS server
- Backup/restore a partition or whole disk
- Allows to use USB and CD/DVD to boot and run Clonezilla
- The destination drive must be equal or larger than the source one
- Don’t support differential/incremental backup
- The image file can’t be explored or mounted
- Uses DOS mode interface
Documentation: Clonezilla clone hard disk software provides help to users through FAQ/Q&A, email and forum.
G4U is a NetBSD based hard disk cloning tool. It doesn’t incorporate any features other than cloning PC hard disks unlike modern disk imaging programs have. G4U is used to clone hard disk and partition, no other capability.
Compatibility: any operating system is supported Supported file systems: All Microsoft file system
Supported media: IDE, SATA, SCSI, RAID and PCI network cards
Features: To use this hard drive clone software, you should have FTP server and DHCP Server. Since it is DOS mode disk clone program, most people may not go through all the typing and the technical issues.
Minitool Drive Copy
MiniTool Dirve Copy is the other free clone hard disk software. It clones either disk to disk or partition to partition. It utilizes three methods for cloning hard disk: fit partition to entire disk or copy partition without resize or copy partition with minimum size. After finishing the cloning the boot sequence must be configured so that it can start with the new cloned hard drive. That is all MiniTool Drive copy provides no other capabilities.
Supported file systems include FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, NTFS, NTFS5
Compatibility: Windows 2000 Professional, XP, Vista,7 and 8
Compatibility: Windows XP, Windows Vista and 7 (32 and 64bit)
PC Inspector Clone-maxx
PC Inspector Clone-maxx is DOS based clone hard disk program. It clones/copies hard drives in high speed mode through utilization of the DMA chipset on the motherboard. It only boots from floppy diskette. The program only copies the entire hard disk not individual partitions.
Odin is a free open source disk imager used to backup hard drive. It runs under 32-bit and 64-bit operating system. After backup you can easily restore back when the need arises. ODIN can run from command line or with GUI.
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Supported files system: all windows file systems
- Backup/restore of volume or complete hard disk
- Can backup used blocks or all blocks
- Support compression and verification
- Can split images files to chunks
- Can run from USB Flash
- Support snapshots
- Useful for automated tasks running from scripts
- No deletion capability
- Most advanced clone hard disk features are not supported
PING is freely available live Linux ISO used to backup and restore partitions or files locally or to the network. PING can backup and restore the BIOS data as well. It claims that more features are built-in with the tool that outsmarts Ghost.
PING clone hard disk software features include:
- Can burn a bootable CD/DVD or integrate within a PXE/RIS environment
- Create restoration bootable DVD
- Partition and Format a disk before installing Windows
- Supports most files systems
- Can restore an image on several CD/DVD You can visit their site for more information.
- Don’t have backup features such as Incremental and differential
- Lacks many advanced disk image features
Acronis True Image WD Edition
Acronis True Image WD Edition is trimmed version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 backup. It makes exact clone/copy of your old disk on new WD (Western Digital) hard drive. It only supports WD advanced format drives.
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Clone hard disk to a new WD drive
- Erase the source drive after the new WD is successfully created
- Can backup and store images as a file which can be copied to any attached drive, network share and CD/DVD
- Can recover images from direct or network attached drive
- Create a Bootable Standalone Recovery Manager Software
Users can refer the user manual and its website for proper usage of the program.
Return back from clone hard disk to computer hard drives
Return back from clone hard disk to computer parts
What are computer backup programs?
How to format hard drive?
Why do we need computer storage devices?
How to maintain your computer hard disk?
Online hard drive backup: pros and cons
How to clean hard disk?